The Longines Legend Diver is a modernized version of the super compressor dive watches that Longines produced from the late 1950s through the early ’70s. The watch has been a flagship offering for the brand for the past decade and a half. The latest iteration now comes in a 39mm case, with a new beads of rice bracelet.
Press release with commentary in italics.
New: Longines Legend Diver 39mm
The Longines Legend Diver 39mm is priced at SGD 4,4900 / USD 3000 on a nato strap and SGD 4,820 / USD 3200 for either leather or bracelet. SGD prices include GST.
The new generation of the Legend Diver has a more versatile case size at 39mm, far better lume, a COSC-certified movement, a more modern design, and a true stainless steel bracelet option for the first time. The dial even eschews the date, something fans of the watch have been clamoring for. The watch is water-resistant up to 300m.
The new Longines Legend Diver in 39mm is an excellent choice for those who want a modernized version of the classic super compressor dive watch. It has a more versatile case size, better lume, and a COSC-certified movement, making it a great value proposition. The beads of rice bracelet is a welcome addition as well.
It is immediately recognisable by its two crowns and internal rotating bezel. The new LONGINES LEGEND DIVER is resurfacing with a 39 mm diameter, faithful to the original 1959 model from which it takes its inspiration.
Certified as a Divers’ Watch with a water-resistance up to 30 bar / 300 metres, the model is driven by an exclusive Longines L888.6 calibre resistant to magnetic fields and equipped with a silicon balance-spring. This movement has a power reserve of up to 72 hours. The entire watch is chronometer-certified by COSC. The hours are marked by elongated indexes and raised luminescent Arabic numerals. The rhodium-plated and polished arrow-hands, coated with Super LumiNova®, mark the time with optimum visibility in all circumstances. The collection’s symbol, a diver, is stamped on the watch’s perfectly-angled screw-down case back.
This black dial model is presented on a brown leather strap with a steel tongue buckle while this blue dial model is presented on a stainless steel bracelet with a double-safety folding clasp.
For more information or to purchase the watch, please visit the Longines site.
- Magnetically resistant, with silicon balance-spring (ISO 764)
- Power reserve: up to 72 hours
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- 39 mm, thickness 12.70 mm
- Round, stainless steel
- Angled screw-down back and two screw-down crowns
- Diver symbol stamped on the case backDomed sapphire crystal (box) with black metal plating and multi-layer anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Internal bidirectional rotating dive bezel
- Blue or black lacquer
- Indexes interspersed with Super-LumiNova® squares
- Raised Arabic numerals accentuated by luminescent rectangles
- Rhodium-plated and polished, with Super-LumiNova®
- Up to 30 bar (300 metres); tested with +25% overpressure (as required by ISO 6425)
BRACELET AND STRAPS
- Stainless steel with double-safety folding clasp
- Blue NATO with steel tongue buckle on model L3.718.104.22.168
- Brown leather with steel tongue buckle on model L3.722.214.171.124