The Moon, Titanic, and Eyjafjallajökull. What do these things have in common? Well, they are all part of Romain Jerome’s DNA collection, where certain components of the watches are crafted from some of these amazing objects.
In this year’s Baselworld, Romain Jerome had decided to recreate the Moon Orbiter, and adding a couple of complications into it.
One of the greatest differences between the latest Moon Orbiter and its predecessor is its case shape. For the latter, the watch is fitted with a rectangular-ish case. In the newer version, the watch comes with a 48.5mm rounded case that is made from steel that contains metal from the Apollo 11 Spacecraft. Several other elements, such as the spring piston lugs and the “X” motif on the dial, remain on their latest novelty piece.
The watch is powered by the Caliber RJ7813L that is produced in collaboration with La Joux-Perret. This mechanical self-winding movement features a flying tourbillon, a power reserve indicator, as well as a retrograde GMT function with a day/night indicator. In addition, it has a power reserve of approximately 45 hours.
The Romain Jerome Moon Orbiter is one interesting timepiece, especially with its association with the Moon. It looks brilliantly cool as well, with its contemporary design and the stellar pattern motif adorning the dial or the watch. Finally, it will be paired with a black alligator strap with red stitching.
On a final note, this particular timepiece is only limited to 25 pieces and they will retail at CHF 99,000 apiece. For more information, please check out Romain Jerome’s website here.
- RJ7813L – Mechanical self-winding movement
- Flying Tourbillon
- Rate Frequency 28,800 vph
- Jewelling 38 jewels
- Power reserve 45 hours
- Water resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- Hours and minutes at 3’clock
- 12-hours GMT retrograde at 12 o’clock and day/night at 2 o’clock on subdial
- Power reserve at 6 o’clock on subdial
- Flying tourbillon at 9 o’clock
- 48 mm, satin-finished steel containing fragments of Apollo 11
- Sapphire crystal
- Satin-finished steel
- Grey dial with laser engraved “stellar-patterned” and integrated X-shaped traverses
- Circular satin-brushed counters
- Rhodiumed and satin-brushed with red lacquer hour and minute hands, GMT and power reserve indicators
- Polished steel, fitted with cylinder system for optimal wrist adjustment, patented system
- Steel screw-lock crown with black rubber
- Black alligator strap with red stitching and steel pin buckle