NOMOS had launched the neomatik (or simply known as the automatic) series of watches last year, with generally positive responses. This year, NOMOS has decided to extend the neomatik range into the Tetra collection.
The Tetra is one interesting collection, with its watches featuring a rather uncommon square case. The dial, as per most NOMOS pieces, is minimal and uncluttered. It mainly draws its inspiration from Bauhaus, and in typical German fashion, everything on this watch is practical and simple.
The highlight for the new Tetra neomatik is probably its in-house automatic movement, the DUW3001. The DUW3001 is not an entirely new movement; it was first featured in the inaugural series of the neomatik watches. It is a time-only movement, without any other complications. In addition, it has a subsidiary second hand at the 6 o’clock position of the watch. Notably, it has a power reserve of around 42 hours. On top of that, the movement also features several forms of finshing and characteristics: Glashütte three-quarter plate, rhodium-plated movement surfaces, Glashütte ribbing, as well as the NOMOS perlage.
At 33mm, the NOMOS Tetra neomatik is slightly larger than its manual-winding counterparts. The watch comes with two dial variants as well: one with cyan blue accents on a white silver-plated dial, the other with matching green details on a deep blue dial. Also, the neomatik logo on both models’ dials is gold, rather than the neon-colored ones as seen in the first series of watches. Finally, the watch is paired with a Shell Cordovan strap, and it will be fitted with NOMOS’ winged clasp.
For more information, please check out NOMOS’ website here.
NOMOS Tetra neomatik/ Tetra neomatik tiefblau
- Case: stainless steel, bipartite; sapphire crystal glass and sapphire crystal glass back; size 33 mm by 33 mm; height 7.2 mm
- Dial: galvanized, white silver-plated, cyan blue print/ lacquered, deep blue, green print
- Hands: oxidized black, seconds hand red lacquered/ rhodium-plated, seconds hand neon orange lacquered
- Water-resistant: to 3 atm
- Strap: Horween Genuine Shell Cordovan black, remborde, lug width 20 mm
- Reference number: 421/ 422
- DUW 3001: in-house built NOMOScaliber with automatic winding; NOMOS swing system with tempered blue balance spring. (DUW stands for: NOMOS Glashütte Deutsche Uhrenwerke.)
- Diameter: 12 3⁄4 lines (28.8 mm)
- Movement height: 3.2 mm
- Power reserve: approx. 42 hours
- Characteristics: decentralized seconds, stop-seconds mechanism, Glashütte three-quarter plate, NOMOS balance bridge, 27 jewels, bidirectional winding rotor, Incabloc shock protection, adjusted in six positions, tempered blue screws, rhodium-plated movement surfaces with Glashütte ribbing and NOMOS perlage