Hublot has been one of the more experimental watchmakers, especially when it comes to use of materials for their watches. Over the years, we have seen the use of some innovative materials along the way, such as Texalium and Hublonium And for this year’s Baselworld, Hublot had yet again done something that is pretty fascinating, with the new Classic Fusion Berluti.
As its name suggests, the watch is a product of the collaboration between Hublot and Berluti. Leather, notably, has been use regularly by watchmakers to create the watch strap. But Hublot had decided to go a notch higher, by using leather as a material for the dial.
The process of using leather to create a watch dial is not a simple task. According to Ricardo Guadalupe, the CEO of Hublot, one of the greatest challenges was to find a breakthrough as the task of using a living material in a sealed case is a complicated task. Also, it is not easy to find the perfect balance between the nuances of the leather dial and strap of the watch.
Eventually, Hublot and Berluti had managed to come up with two different variants of the Classic Fusion Berluti: the All-Black and the Scritto. For the former, the black ceramic watch is fitted with a Nero Grigio leather dial and a matching Nero Grigio Venezia handmade strap. As for the latter, the Hublot King Gold watch is fitted with a matching Tobacco Bis hued leather dial and a Venezia Scritto calf leather strap.
The watches are fitted with Hublot’s HUB1100, a mechanical self-winding timepiece that features a power reserve of approximately 42 hours.
The Hublot Classic Fusion Berluti is limited in production: 500 for the All Black, and 250 for the Scritto. For more information, please check out Hublot’s website here.
P.S This is one of the times when a collaboration like this produces some extra goodies for the buyer. We leave you with pictures of the boxes and accessories that come with the watches.
Hublot Classic Fusion Berluti
- 511.CM.0500.VR.BER16 (All Black)
- 511.OX.0500.VR.BER16 (Scritto)
- 45 mm
- 10.95 mm
- 5 ATM (50 m)
- Polished and satin-finished black ceramic or 18K King gold
- Polished and vertical Satin-finished black ceramic or 18K King Gold
- Black color composite resin
- Titanium, polished
- Sapphire with anti-reflective treatment
- Black ceramic or 18K King Gold, polished with “HUBLOT” logo
- Polished black ceramic or 18K King Gold engraved: “LIMITED EDITION 500NUM” + “BERLUTI” (ceramic) or “LIMITED EDITION 250NUM” + “BERLUTI” (King Gold)
- Sapphire with interior anti-reflective treatment
- Berluti leather, color “nero” (ceramic) or “tobacco” (King Gold)
- Polished black-plated or gold-plated
- Caliber Hublot HUB1100, mechanical self-winding
N° of components
- 4 Hz (28’800 A/h)
- 42 Hours
- Black rubber and “Gaspard leather-Berluti” color “nero” with black stitching or “Scritto leather Berluti” color “tobacco” with brown stitching.
- Black-plated stainless steel deployant buckle clasp or 18K red gold and black-plated stainless steel deployant buckle clasp