Stepan Sarpaneva is a Finnish independent watchmaker who produces his own line of watches, that feature a distinctive case shape and on occasion the Sarpaneva “Moonface” moon-phase. Here is the latest creation: The Sarpaneva Korona K0 Northern Lights.
Introducing the Sarpaneva Korona K0 Northern Lights. The name is based on the natural light display that occurs in the Northern Hemisphere called aurora borealis, which translates to The Northern Lights.
A breathtaking edition of three luminous timepieces: Green, Blue and Violet. It was born as a fine collaboration with James Thompson of Black Badger, the master of the magical moonglow. These watches feature a proprietary lume composition.
If you have vistited the Black Badger website (www.blackbadger.se) or viewed the Instagram account (www.instagram.com/blackbadger) you will have seen the great rings and key fobs that James Thompson produces. These are made out materials such as carbon fiber and titanium. They also glow brightly in the dark which makes them stand out. A great match since watchmakers like to utilise the same materials to produce watch cases.
The watches stand out with their beautifully finished Korona Case shape, and the distinctive Sarpaneva “Moonface” moon-phase made of 18k gold. Our favorite is the Blue version, with its lovely hues.
Expose these watches to a direct light source and the dial comes alive in the dark!
The watches have a modified Soprod A10 calibre, that has an in-house moonphase complication and 18K gold moon and masses.
Each colour (Green, Blue and Violet) is limited to 8 pieces each and has a price of $14,500 Euros (Excluding Taxes).
• Modified Soprod A10 calibre, 11.5 lines, 28800 vph (4 Hz)
• Mechanical, automatic winding
• Phases of the moon (29.5 days), in-house complication
• 25 jewels
• 42-hour power reserve
• Rhodium-plated, perlage finishing
• DLC coated winding mass with 18K gold moon and masses
• Stainless steel, 46 mm in diameter, 12 mm in thickness
• 1.5 mm thick curved sapphire crystal with multi anti-reflective coating inside
• Double secured water-resistant SARPANEVA screw-down crown
• Water-resistant to 10 ATM
• DLC coated blue, green or violet with Super-LumiNova indexes
• Luminous dials in collaboration with James Thompson of Black Badger Advanced Composites
• Moon faces made of 18K red gold and 18K white gold
• Rhodium-plated hands with Super-LumiNova
• Leather in various colours, rubber
• Stainless steel buckle