Before SIHH 2016, Jaeger-LeCoultre revealed 5 new Reversos to celebrate the 85h anniversary of their iconic timepiece to be shown. As you know SIHH 2016 is in full swing and today we bring you details on one of the 5 new Reversos. Introducing the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Calendar.
The Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Calendar has a 49.4 mm x 29.9 mm 18 carat pink gold case. The front of the timepiece displays a traditional function, a complete calendar with the day of the week and the month located in two separate windows at the top of the dial. At the 6’o clock position is the date indicated by a red tipped half moon shaped hand. The moonphase is set in the middle of the date circle. The background of the moonphase is a light blue with the stars and a hammered moon in bright yellow. This contrasts nicely against the silver-toned grained opaline dial, with hand applied gilt hour-markers and gilt hour and minute hands.
Flipping the watch over reveals the anthracite coloured dial with Clous de Paris hobnail guilloché pattern and gilt hour-markers in addition to a day/night indicator for the 2nd timezone.
A discreet trigger system serving to adjust the second timezone is seamlessly integrated into the case at 6 o’clock so as to preserve its smooth aesthetic lines.
Powering the timepiece is the mechanical manually-wound, Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 853 with a 45 hour power reserve.
This a very nice timepiece and would pair very nicely with a suit for the office. It could even work with a pair of jeans and a long sleeved shirt on the weekends its that good looking!
The timepiece will retail for $35,500 Singapore Dollars.
For more information please visit Jaeger-LeCoultre
• Mechanical manually-wound, Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 853
• 283 components
• 21,600 vibrations per hour
• 45-hour power reserve
• 21 jewels
• 17.20 mm x 22 mm, 5.15 mm thick
• Front: hours, minutes, day, month, date, moon phases
• Back: second time-zone, day/night indicator
• 18-carat pink gold
• Dimensions: 49.4 mm x 29.9 mm
• Thickness: 12.06 mm
• Water resistance: 3 bar
• Hand-applied hour-markers
• Front: silver-toned grained opaline, gilt hour-markers
• Back: anthracite Clous de Paris hobnail guilloché pattern, gilt hour-markers
• Front: gilt, hours, minutes,
• Back: gilt, hours, minutes, small seconds
• Brown alligator leather with 20 mm 18-carat pink gold folding claps