in 2006 Chopard produced their first Regulator wristwatch. 9 years later for Baselworld 2015, the watch receives a refreshing new look. Introducing the new Chopard L.U.C Regulator.
In most regulator wristwatches, the hour indication is located at the 12’o clock position. Chopard has instead placed it the 3 o’clock. This allows for improved legibility underneath a shirt cuff.
The font of the dial has been refreshed giving the watch a new look. The power reverse occupies the 12 o’ clock position, the running seconds at 6 o’clock and the last feature at the 9 o’clock position is the 2nd timezone indicator. This is controlled by a corrector-pusher discreetly recessed into the side of the case. The date is positioned between 4 and 5 o’clock.
The watch is 43mm in size, 9.78 mm thick and has an 18ct rose gold case.
Each L.U.C 98.02-L movement of the L.U.C Regulator has successfully undergone the tests conducted by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute, thereby guaranteeing its chronometric precision. The watch is thus authorised to bear the inscription “Chronometer” on its dial. Moreover, its case and its movement have passed the stern tests performed by the Poinçon de Genève quality hallmark, which certifies the fine technical and aesthetic craftsmanship of the watch, and in particular the high level of finishing on its mechanical parts.
With 4 barrels, the watch has an impressive power reverse of 216 hours or 9 Days.
We think Chopard have done a great job in refreshing the Regulator model.
It will retail for $42,740 Singapore dollars.
- 18ct rose gold
- Total diameter 43 mm
- Thickness 78 mm
- Water resistance 50 metres
- 18ct rose gold crown with L.U.C logo 50 mm
- Polished bezel
- Glareproofed sapphire crystal
- Exhibition back
- Mechanical hand-wound movement U.C 98.02-L
- Total diameter 40 mm
- Thickness 4.90 mm
- Number of jewels 39
- Frequency 28,800 vph
- Power reserve: 216 hours
- 4 barrels – Quattro® technology
- Bridges adorned with Côtes de Genève
- Chronometer-certified (COSC)
- Poinçon de Genève quality hallmark
Dial and hands:
- Sunburst satin-brushed silver-toned dial with black transfers
- Gilt dauphine-type hours and minutes hands
- Black triangular hand for small seconds, GMT and power-reserve indicator
Functions and displays:
- Central minutes display
- Hours display at 3 o’clock
- Small seconds display at 6 o‘clock, GMT function at 9 o’clock and power reserve at 12 o’clock
- Date window between 4 and 5 o’clock
Strap and buckle:
- Hand-sewn brown alligator leather with alligator leather lining
- 18ct rose gold pin buckle
Ref. 161971-5001 – In 18ct rose gold – sunburst satin-brushed silver-toned dial