The year 2015 represents a major milestone for the country of Singapore. It celebrates its 50th anniversary of independence.
To celebrate this momentous occasion in the nation’s history, Longines is proud to present an exclusive edition which will only be available in a limited series of fifty numbered pieces. The GMT wristwatch from the Longines Master Collection bears the highlighted name of Singapore on its timezone ring and a commemorative print on the back.
This numbered GMT wristwatch from The Longines Master Collection houses a self-winding mechanical movement in its round 18 carat rose gold case. Displaying hours, minutes, seconds and date on a silvered stamped barleycorn dial, the 38.5 mm diameter watch also allows the time to be read in any of the globe’s 23 other time zones thanks to its 24-hour inner disc and timezone ring. This model is fitted on a brown alligator strap with a deployant buckle.
As a tribute to Singapore, the name of the city appears in red on the collar of this sophisticated timepiece. The transparent case back through which the scintillating movement can be observed also bears a commemorative print which endows each watch with an exclusive identity.
This limited edition will only be available in Longines’ two new corporate stores in Marina Square & Marina Bay Sands for SGD $9900 including GST.
Specifications from Press Release
L2.618.104.22.168 Limited series of 50 numbered pieces
- Caliber L635.6 (ETA 2824/2)
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- 14¼ lines, 33 jewels, 28 800 vibrations per hour
- Power reserve: 38 hours
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date and GMT with internal disc and indicator for 24 time zones, each with a reference location
- Round, 18k rose gold, Ø 38.50 mm
- Transparent case back with commemorative print
- Scratch-resistant sapphire glass
- Water-resistant :To 3 bar (30 meters)
- Silvered stamped “barleycorn”, 11 Arabic numerals
- Date aperture at 3 o’clock
- Collar displaying 23 city names in anthracite and Singapore in red
- Hands Blued steel hands
- Brown alligator strap with deployment buckle