The second major release from DeBethune is the DB28 GS. This is the first DeBethune to feature a rubber strap. This watch certainly has a sportier feel to it and that is no coincidence since the GS stands for Grand Sport.
The DB28 GS expresses a bold character revealed through both its aesthetic and technical attributes. It fully complies with the strict rule of wearer comfort that De Bethune applies to its models, and particularly those in the DB28 collection.
This model has fully benefited from the special attention lavished on refined hand-crafted finishes performed in the workshops at L’Auberson, such as the microlight decoration of the bridges and mainplate, the flat polishing of the deltoid-shaped bridge, or the deep azure shade of the hands achieved using the ancestral flame-blueing technique. The Deployant team loves the deep rich blue huse that are a feature on DeBethune timepieces.
The DB28 GS proudly displays impeccable water resistance to depths corresponding to three full leagues under the sea (100m). Its DB2115 calibre is equipped with a self-regulating twin barrel ensuring a 6-day power reserve – a performance that can be tracked by means of a blue indicator at 3 o’clock.
The watch also undergoes a number of reliability and shock-resistance tests, which it passes with flying colours notably because of its triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system that protects the heart of its movement by a titanium bridge held by a spring system. Three jewels connect the various elements, serving not only to absorb shocks but also to secure the bridge in case of abrupt displacements.
The GS was designed by David Zanetta and Denis Flageollet; it was thought out and developed in the R&D lab in La Chaux, and then entirely crafted in the workshops at L’Auberson. The GS is a DB28: a true De Bethune creation.
Specifications from Press Release
DB28 GS- DB28GSV1AN
- Mechanical hand-wound movement
- Functions: hours – minutes – performance indication between 2 and 3 o’clock
- Diameter: 30 mm
- 262 Components
- hand-crafted finishing and decoration – mainplate and bridgesadorned with De Bethune microlight motif, hand-polished and chamfered steel parts
- Self-regulating twin barrel*
- Silicon/white gold balance – balance-spring with flat terminal curve*
- Triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system*
- Silicon escape-wheel*
- 37 Jewels
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
- Power reserve: 6 days
* Manufacture De Bethune patents and innovations
- Hand-polished and smoothed-down grade 5 titanium – diameter 44mm – thickness 11 mm
Attachments: short or long floating lugs* in smoothed-down grade 5 titanium
- Crystal: sapphire crystal, 1800 Vickers hardness with double anti-reflective treatment
- Crown screw-down at 12 o’clock – setting in two positions
- Back: solid, in grade 5 titanium
- Dial: visible movement finishes in microlight titanium and polished steel – performance-zone
read-off between 2 and 3 o’clock
- Hands: hand-polished and flamed-blued steel – manually smoothed-down grade 5 titanium
- Natural rubber with folding clasp
The DB28 is a very impressive watch. I would love to have more info on all of these watches