In this year’s Baselworld, Czapek & Cie. introduces a new collection that traces its roots right back to where it all started – Place Vendôme, in Paris.
The famous square in Paris is where the brand opened a boutique in the mid-nineteenth century. It is touted to be the first haute horlogerie boutique in the area, before the other brands starts setting up shops there.
The first watch in this new collection is a tad different from the usual Czapek & Cie. watches, in terms of its offerings. The new watch, notably, features 3 sub-dials, instead of the usual two that we see in the other models from their line-up. It still retains its signature looks with the two sub-dials at the 4:30 and 7:30 position. But the additional “Grand feu” enamel sub-dial at the 12 o’clock position – which shows the time – adds an interesting touch to the aesthetics of the timepiece as well.
However, the greatest highlight of the watch lies in its movement and the complications.
The watch is powered by the proprietary Calibre SXH2, a manual-winding movement that is boasts a power reserve of approximately 60 hours. The watch comes with several features, which includes a one-minute suspended tourbillon, a dual time-zone indicator, a day/night indicator, as well as a power reserve indicator.
The 43.5 mm watch definitely adds an interesting touch to the Czapek & Cie. line-up, which previously features watches that are more traditional and classic in their design. The watch is available in two different metals: Platinum, or 5N Rose Gold. The watches are produced in limited quantities, with 10 pieces in Platinum and 15 pieces in Rose Gold. They retail at CHF 99,000 (approximately S$139,686) and CHF 88,000 (approximately S$124,165) respectively.
Czapek & Cie Place Vendôme Tourbillon Suspendu “Ici et Ailleurs”
- Movement with off-center tourbillon
- hours/minutes located at 12 o’clock, second time
- zone, day/night and power reserve indication
- Hours and minutes on separate dial located at 12 o’clock
- One-minute tourbillon located at 8 o’clock
- Second time zone on subdial at 4 o’clock, turns counter-clockwise
- Disk day/night indicator located at 6, turns counter-clockwise
- Power reserve: Off centre disk, located at 12, turn on 90° on 60h, winding couter clockwise
- Calibre SXH2: Haute Horlogerie proprietary
- Mechanical hand-wound movement developed by Chronode and Czapek & Cie
- Power reserve: 60 hours with one barrel spring
- Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 VpH)
- Diameter: 34.8 mm – 15 ½ lines
- Height: 9.8 mm
- Front: anthracite sand-blasted plate, steel bridges with sandblasting, circular graining, and polish
- Case back: open ratchet with circular bevelling, sand-blasted bridges, blue screws, final “anglage” main
Case & Bracelet:
- 5N rose gold or platinum Pt950 case
- 43.5 mm diameter
- Curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Water-resistance: 30 meters (3 atm)
- Alligator strap with 5N rose gold buckle
- “Grand feu” Enamel ring, steel polished bridges and sand-blasted plate
- “Fleur de Lys” hands in different color