Launched in 2015, the Omega Globemaster was an instant hit with its classic design and beautiful good looks. This year, Omega had decided to incorporate the annual calendar function into the Globemaster, and thus resulting in the all-new Constellation Globemaster Annual Calendar.
The inspiration behind the creation of the annual calendar lies in the pie-pan dial, where there are twelve facets that allow each individual month to fit into it perfectly. A small hand, similar to the system that is employed by H. Moser & Cie., is used to indicate the current month. It is rather brilliant, admittedly.
Besides the inclusion of an additional complication, Omega had done some other changes to the Globemaster as well. This includes an increase of the case diameter size, from 39mm to 41mm, as well as the blue details that can be found on several aspects of the dial (such as the hands, Omega logo, writings on the dial, and the Constellation star). To complement the blue theme, the stainless steel watch is also fitted with a blue leather strap.
The watch is fitted with Omega’s Calibre 8922. This automatic movement, similar to the predecessing Globemaster, is both Master Chronometer- and METAS (Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology)-certified. It boasts a power reserve of 55 hours, and it is magnetic resistant of up to 15,000 Gauss.
The Globemaster Annual Calendar is available in several variants- either in 18k Sedna gold, two-tone (Sedna Gold and stainless steel), or stainless steel with tungsten carbide bezel. For the precious metal models, the watch will also be fitted with an 18k Sedna Gold winding rotor. One point to note would be the fact that the 18k Sedna Gold version is limited to 52 pieces.
The price of the Globemaster Annual Calendar ranges from S$12,100 for the leather on steel version, to S$67,500 for the limited edition leather on gold variant. For more information, please check out Omega’s website here.
Omega Constellation Globemaster Annual Calendar
- OMEGA Co-Axial Master Chronometer Cal. 8922/8923
- Watch officially certified by METAS
- Self-winding in both directions
- Jewels: 39
- Frequency: 25’200 A/h (3.5 Hz)
- Power reserve: 55 hours
- Exclusive features with: Magnetic resistant of up to 15’000 Gauss, Annual calendar with instantaneous jump, Central-hand Month indication
- Silicon “Si14” balance spring
- OMEGA free sprung-balance
- Co-Axial Escapement, 3 level
- 2 barrels mounted in series
- Special luxury finish: 18K Sedna gold rotor and balance bridge for precious metal models; rhodium-plated rotor and bridges for other variants
- Geneva waves in arabesque
- Blackened screws, barrels and balance wheel
- Central hour-minute-seconds-months hands, date window at 6H
- Case: 18K SednaTM Gold, stainless steel with 18K SednaTM or stainless steel with hard metal scratchproof bezel (tungsten carbide)
- Strap: leather
- Diameter: 41.00 mm Height: 14.71 mm
- Water resistant up to: 10 bar (100 m / 330 ft)
- Brushed case with polished bevels, embossed Ω on polished crown
- Polished fluted bezel in 18K SednaTM or hard metal(tungsten carbide)
- Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- 4-screw case back: Brushed and polished caseback/ 18K Sedna or Stainless steel Central Observatory medallion set in a scratch-
resistant sapphire crystal
- “Pie Pan” dial inspired by the first 1952Constellation model
- Sun-brushed blue or 2 shades of grey, Opaline silvery
- Applied 18K Sedna or bluedindexes; facetted diamond polished with Super-LumiNova
- Applied 18K Sedna or blued”Omega Logo” and Constellation star
- Polished 18K SednaTM or bluedfacetted HM and seconds hands; HM hands with Super-LumiNova
- Brushed 18K SednaTM or varnished blue months hands
- Blue, brown, or light brown leather strap on foldover clasp
- Fitting: 20 mm between lugs, 18 mm on clasp
- 4-year warranty
- “Globemaster” model, inspired by OMEGAConstellation of 1960s
- Delivered with a Master Chronometer certification card, ensuring that the watch has passed the tests established by METAS