The TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T was first released to a surprised horology world in 2016 as the least expensive automatic chronograph tourbillon, COSC certified and Swiss made, debuting at CHF 15,000. We covered that release with full hands on review in our pages here, including a special all black limited edition – the Black Phantom. And now TAG presents the Carrera Heuer-02T Special Edition for Singapore and Malaysia.
TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T Special Edition
The piece de resistance on the Carrera Heuer-02T is the tourbillon chronograph. The latter is one of TAG Heuer’s most known strength. And the tourbillon is a twist, but not just for the sake of having one, but also to prove that it can be indeed incorporated into a watch which is made in Switzerland, for a reasonable price. The new Carrera Heuer-02T Special Edition remains priced at a relatively affordable S$27,300.
The watch is hand crafted by one of 4 watchmakers using central sections made of titanium and a carbon top section. The tourbillon is lightweitht, industrial looking and inspired by the tourbillon used in the iconic Monaco V4.
A single barrel supplies 65 hours of power, and together with the movement measures a mere 32mm. The main components of the Carrera Heuer-02T are manufactured within the TAG Heuer Manufacture, and the balnace spring is made by Atokalpa, a company owned by the Parmigiani group.
Each movement is fitted, assembled and adjusted by hand and is COSC certified.
The case is in grade 5 Titanium, and constructed with 12 component parts, and has a sporty design which hints at the nature of TAG Heuer.
The strap is a grey calf skin strap with rubber as standard and comes with an additional rubber lined black alligator strap.
It is presented in a special packaging made of grey leather & Nabuka fabric enhanced by a stainless steel inlay, with exquisite details inspired by TAG Heuer shield geometry.
The Carrera H02T Special Edition’ is produced in a limited edition of 10 pieces. And available in Sincere Watches and TAG Heuer Boutiques in Singapore and Malaysia. The retail price is S$ 27’300 SGD or MYR 76’050.
TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T Special Edition Technical details
Movement Calibre HEUER02T COSC
• 45mm diameter
• Made from grade 5 titanium with black PVD
• Ceramic black alternate finishing tachymeter fixed bezel
• Domed, beveled sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
• Alternate finishing grade 5 titanium push buttons at 2 and 4 o’clock
• Alternate finishing grade 5 titanium crown with rubber moulding at 3 o’clock
• Grade 5 titanium black PVD case back with ‘LIMITED EDITION X OUT OF 10’
• Grade 5 titanium engraved lugs
• Water resistance: 100 metres
• Black opaline dial
• Black flange with 60 second/ minute scale
• Chronograph minute counter at 3 o’clock with rhodium plated polished hand
• Hour counter at 9 o’clock with rhodium plated polished hand
• Tourbillon at 6 o’clock
• Rhodium plated applied indexes with black SuperLuminova®
• Rhodium plated hour and minute hands with black SuperLuminova®
• Rhodium plated polished central hand
• ‘CARRERA HEUER 02 T CHRONOGRAPH CHRONOMETER’ printed
• Dark grey calf ski rubber/ leather strap with pattern
• Sand-blasted black grade 2 titanium folding clasp with double safety push buttons
• TAG Heuer shield
Recommended retail price
• MYR 76’050
• 27’300 SGD