The H1 HYT x Alinghi is returning to its yachting roots: following the H4 (2015) and H2 (2016), it is now the most technically advanced piece, borrowing more elements from the boats which inspired it.
This will be the third watch to come from its partnership with the yacht racing team; the H1 Alinghi is the most technically advanced and edgy of the trilogy. The aim of the design is to focus as much attention on the technology as on the aesthetics.
The dial, just like an Alinghi catamaran in full flight, uses an array of technology to enable the time to be read via the liquid in the capillary, to create its signature fluid time. To make it easier to read in the dark, HYT has set it on a channel filled with Super-LumiNova. At night, the translucent part of the capillary reflects the light, enabling the time display, which remains opaque, to be read.
On the back, the structure of the H1 Alinghi echoes the deck of a yacht. The grey sandblasted finish is the perfect backdrop to showcase the piece in all its high-tech glory.
In terms of materials, both HYT and Alinghi favour lightness and rigidity. The piece has offset lugs and a crown guard made from folded and forged carbon. These elements are designed and manufactured outside of the watch, then assembled onto its titanium middle.
Lastly, the dial features a host of elements which have been designed specifically for the H1 Alinghi and its yachting world: the small second at 9 o’clock in the shape of a mainsail furler, the power reserve at 3 o’clock shaped like a winch, the jumper at 6 o’clock which bears the Alinghi logo, and the team’s signature red, which is found on the power reserve and the minute hand.
Technical Specifications and Price
Functions: Black retrograde fluidic hours; minutes, seconds
HYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module:
– Two multi-layer metal bellows
– Capillary tube in medical grade glass, with interior nano-coating
– Two immiscible liquids; one transparent and the other coloured with a highly
– Thermal compensator with dedicated bellows containing a special liquid
– Ceramic fluid restrictors
Movement: Mechanical hand-wound, exclusive HYT calibre
– 28,800 vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
– Bridges hand-chamfered and adorned with côtes de Genève, rhodiumed bellows
– 65-hour power reserve
Case: Titanium and forged carbon with brushed, micro-blasted and satin finishes
– Diameter: 48.8 mm
– Thickness: 17.9 mm
– Rubber-sheated screw-down crown
– Forged carbon crown guard
– Forged carbon screw-locked added lugs
– Titanium dome at 06:00 with engraved Alinghi logo
– Cambered sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflective coating on the inside
– Screw-down and engraved Alinghi sapphire case-back
– Water-resistant to 30 meters
Dial: Unstructured, fluid hour display
– Black hour dial, white indexes and numerals
– Hour chapter filled with Super-LumiNova®
– Central dial linked to the hour dial by a synthetic thread
– Black minute dial, diamond-tipped periphery and indexes, white numerals
– Red varnish rhodium-plated minute hand
– Regulator at 12 o’clock
– Small seconds wheel at 09:30 in a shape of a gennaker furler, NAC-treatement
– Power-reserve indicator at 02:30 in a shape of a winch, NAC-teatment
Strap: Dark charcoal grey reinforced fabric, composed of fire-resistant and anti-allergen fibres, black topstitching, titanium folding buckle
Ref.: 148-TC-09-NF-RC; Limited edition of 20 pieces
Price: CHF / USD 65,000