We were are the media preview of the IWC Top Gun Exhibition in Singapore, where the maison also announced a new collaboration on watch straps with Singapore designer Mark Ong, aka Mr Sabotage.
Event invitation: IWC Top Gun Exhibition and new IWC x SBTG Watch straps
IWC TOP GUN EXHIBITION
DATE: 22 – 30 October 2022 (Public access)
LOCATION: Level 3, Design Orchard, 250 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238905
12pm – 9pm (Monday – Friday)
11am – 9pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Exhibition highlights include:
- Monochromatic concept; entire exhibition in dark green, representing “Woodland”, one of the “Colors of TOP GUN”.
- Display of 14 professional military watches that were manufactured by IWC for pilots from the US Navy and Marine Corps aviation units
- Collectible Singapore NFT, offering utilities and special access to future IWC events
- A host of unique experiences such as watchmaking classes, talks, and coffee workshops. Availability can be viewed from this microsite: https://watches.iwc.com/TopGunExhibition
There is even an ice cream stall just outside, with delicious cold goodies. In our view, must try! The coffee served inside the exhibition hall is very good too!
IWC x SBTG special edition watch strap
- Specially created for IWC Schaffhausen by Mark Ong (Singaporean streetwear designer)
- Available in two widths, and features the camouflage pattern that is a visual trademark of Mark’s.
- The IWC x SBTG special edition strap can be fitted on various IWC Pilot’s Watches, including the Big Pilot’s Watch 43, Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 and Pilot’s Watch
- Mark XVIII and XX. The strap sets will be available in limited quantities on IWC.com as of 20th October 2022.
- UNIQUE TO SINGAPORE ONLY: The strap sets can be purchased directly from IWC’s two boutiques at ION Orchard and Marina Bay Sands, as well as on-site at the TOP GUN Exhibition (rest of the world, via e-commerce).